Sunday, July 5, 2009

Three Months On

In the past few days I’ve been thinking quite closely about the course of the project so far.

I appreciate that Not a Religion will be seen by some as my ‘baby’, but that is not how I want it to be seen.  

From the start I’ve deliberately tried not to be too exact about what I want.  The earliest postings on this blog were about trying to get a dialogue going so that something could evolve. They are about as precise as I ever intended to be about content.  

To me the only firm rule is that this is our story.  Beyond that, people must feel inspired to do their own thing, rather than being told what to do.
 
I’m still mainly focused on getting a process going.  

And that is happening.  

It’s been haphazard and chaotic, and some things have worked better than others, but it’s hard to expect much more when, for everyone involved, this is not a day job.  

The release of hash 23 and the US tour has been a great opportunity to get people interested, but it’s also meant that their energies are focused on the excitement and fun of those events.  

Once the dust has settled and everyone is back in their element - just quietly going about the lonely business of being a Church fanatic - I think they’ll be more in tune.

I’m really pleased at what we’ve done within the space of just over three months and I am happy to keep on acting as a catalyst.   It’s been a real learning experience for me.

I’m also confident the website will be a watershed. Once there are a few examples up - of the different ways people choose to express the place of the band in their world - I’m sure more and more will ‘get’ what this is all about.

Thank you all for your interest so far, and particular thanks to those who have been keeping in regular contact with me.

1 comment:

Max said...

Looking forward to the uncut footage.

Followers