Sunday, April 5, 2009

another approach

Freddie

Those videos you’ve done on your blog (would you call them ‘moving photos’?) are really effective and they’ve given me an idea.

Independently of this blog I’ve been in touch with a number of people who say that they don’t have the means to contribute to the doco project. I think that when I first floated the idea of the documentary I made the mistake of assuming that access to the necessary equipment and technology is more universal than it actually is.

Although I think the film would need to be predominantly live action, I think it could be quite effective to use moving photos as well. It would mean that people could make audio and photo contributions (which would involve not much more than access to a computer and a digital camera).  We would of course need guidance from someone who can do that sort of stuff… 

2 comments:

Freddie said...

Richard,

Yes, it’s a slideshow with some panning across the images.
It helps give an illusion of motion. I did it with software which came with my Mac PC.
I’m happy to help in any way I can.
If anyone should want to send me their digital photos and sound files, I’d be glad to work with em.

Freddie

iseult said...

richard if you want to use different media you'd be better off with uploading segments on an internet site where you can use small scale videos. phone videos and digital still cameras videos won't work on a dvd, another advantage is you don't have to pay for duplication expenses, but raising money on a website and is a challenge, maybe paid password membership is the go

Followers